Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 16 April 2014

A morning at sea

We (as in my birding friends and me) chartered catamaran Fu Kyo and gathered at 6 am to explore the waters outside the bay. Despite the forecast saying little wind, we had quite a few knots, not from the south, but the west. The result was a choppy sea. Too many waves made it very hard to detect small birds, but we found one Auklet and had to do with what ever flew over and sat on the rocks for the rest of the trip. I was happy Fu Kyo's stability made this trip possible and we definitely want to do this again one day!

Sunrise in Hakata Bay



Our one and only Rhinoceros Auklet,  ウトウ



Pelagic Cormorants,  ヒメウ



A pair of Ospreys and their nest on Ainoshima,  ミサゴ








No comments:

Post a Comment