Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 20 April 2014

Migrating birds in Fukuoka 2

The highlight of the season is when the Japanese Robins arrive. They hide in the darkest bushes, like Rhododendrons and hedges and occasionally come out for just a few seconds to pick at some insect. Every now and then there is one that isn't shy and comes out right in front of you as if saying: didn't you bring my food for the day?

Japanese Robin,  コマドリ


The first male, oddly at a very bright place.



Number 2 in the early morning




singing!



An intruder, Mr or Mrs Yabusame, also on the way in and out.
Asian Stubtail Warbler,   ヤブサメ 


The male robin again, being curious



And nr 3, a female this time.



Nr 4?


There must have been 5 or 6 birds in the vicinity, we could hear their songs coming from several directions. If I'd had all the time of the day I might have found them all...



Japanese Wild Iris,   シャガ  (Iris japonica)

No comments:

Post a Comment