Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 9 August 2014

Oriental Stork, コウノトリ

In Europe it's not unusual to see storks, nesting on high poles or just strolling around in a paddock. 


Here people drive for hours to see just 1 - or 2. But then, ours are Oriental.... Thus, one VERY rainy day I went across the mountains to the bean fields in Saga, our neighboring prefecture.


Soaking wet... Stork nr 1


And below nr 2.




Both ringed, the bird on the left seems a bit younger.



 

Surprising a Grey Heron, who thought he was the tallest in the field.



Big Brother






Left ok, Right ok, GO

  







No comments:

Post a Comment