Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 26 September 2014

ヒガンバナ Wild Amaryllis in the woods

September, it's time for higambana. The red flowers, a kind of amaryllis are lining the rice fields of Kyushu, creating a nice contrast with the golden yellow-green color of mature rice that is about to be harvested. This year I found the same flowers here in the woods, That splash of red, accentuated by the soft sunbeams of the late afternoon in a darkish green forest made it quite a surprise.




The big butterflies that like these flowers are swallowtails. Below the Red Helen










Another swallowtail, the Spangle,




No comments:

Post a Comment