Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 4 July 2015

Crested Kingfisher, アマセミ part 1

It is not often that I get the chance to observe these birds up close. Maybe just once a year, when the chicks are leaving the nest and are not very good at hiding yet. The following photos were all taken in the early morning hours of just one day. Through a small opening in the bush I could see part of the river where the family was hanging out. Without a proper blind I had to be real careful not to expose myself. Dangling leaves blocking the view caused the greenish blurry spots.
Just as well I bought the Nikon D750 and hooked it up to my 300 mm 2.8 plus t c 1.4! Thus I had to crop a lot, but I think the results aren't too bad.












The 3 of them spent many hours diving for food but all they could manage were sticks and leaves. They didn't not recognize anything edible yet. 

One got tired and took a rest quite close to my hide-out. Lucky!!







2 comments:

  1. Good evening.

    Because it doesn't know English, it is written in the Roman alphabet.

    hatu,kakikomi,sasete,itadakimasu.

    kinouha,jinnjyade,oaisita"kai(甲斐)"desu.
    iroirona,ohanasiga,kikete,tanosikattadesu.

    mata,dokokade,oaidekirukotowo,tanosiminisiteimasu.

    kinou,iwareteta,watasino,burogudesu.
    "Genre"ga,tigaimasunode,douknaa?to,omoimasu.

    気ままな車内泊一人旅
    http://masat5.blog.so-net.ne.jp/

    A wild bird is a little put.
    http://photozou.jp/user/top/191358

    Sightseeing is being guided.
    http://masa5s5.fc2web.com/ryokou.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kai-san, konnichi wa

    Thank you for watching my blog.
    It is the reflection of my happy times in nature. I lime forests and mountains, but also rice fields and other agricultural areas. Where ever there are birds.

    We had a good time last Friday. Are you going to post your pictures on the blog?
    I'm looking forward to see them,
    Hope to see you again somewhere.

    Sorry, I cannot write in Japanese, I hope you undertstand.

    Good luck, from Marijke

    ReplyDelete