Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 15 August 2015

Obon 2015

I don't like summers.
Not so much because of the heat and the sweat.I always seem to lose something - or someone.
Both our parents died in this season. We carried out the proper Japanese Obon ceremonies for our dear mothers here in Fukuoka. Our long-time favorite furry crew member who sailed with us from New Zealand was run over by a car. That was many years ago - in summer.
This year is a different story. With Jaap's new job coming up I will loose my peaceful, worryless dreams at night. And yesterday, right at Obon (August 15th) I stumbled and dropped my second-loved possession: My Nikon D750 and 300mm 2.8f lens... in a muddy lotus pond! 



On Fu Kyo's last day we said farewell to b&b guests from Australia and Japan, had a wild divorce celebration from 11:00am and a quiet hanabi group in the evening.


Goodbye Sunset Cruising


The last BANG


No comments:

Post a Comment