Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 12 May 2016

Fukutomi others

Several waders sported plumage, while others were still in their winter outfit. It was a colorful crowd.

In the lotus fields: Red-necked Stint, トウネン 





next:


Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, ウズラシギ










Big feet!



Red-necked Stint, トウネンin front of a Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, ウズラシギ
next:


Looking like mini Uzuras: Long-toed Stint, ヒバリシギ
  







No toes to show... :-(


Between the many stints and sandpipers one looked quite different:
Curlew Sandpiper, サルハマシギ







The Japanese name is monkey sandpiper, because of its face. Can you tell?



I should not overlook the most common sandpipers of the season:
Wood Sandpiper, タカブシギ









At a nearby water-locked field 2 Black-tailed Godwits, オグロシギ
I seem to be very lucky with them this year.





One surprising fact that I discovered in a photo after last weeks blog post about the same birds in Imazu:


Is that bill flexible????



No comments:

Post a Comment