Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 9 May 2016

Red (Grey) Phalarope, ハイイロヒレアシシギ

Leaving Daijugarami with what it was I headed for Fukutomi, 30km west. There was talk of a rare Phalarope. The area is huge and I had little hope finding it, but my luck had turned and I kind of bumped into it right away. Stopping the car to look briefly at my favorite Uzuras I saw something different in the back:



Sure, there it was: Red (also named Grey) Phalarope, ハイイロヒレアシシギ


I hung around, entertained myself watching lots of Uzuras and stints (see later). But it didn't move.


Opening one eye! Waking up?


Not really, but then: Oops, a bill. That lasted 10 sec.



I left, drove around and returned later in the afternoon. It had moved! And it was awake!



Here with my Uzuras, Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, ウズラシギ



Still, this Phalarope was very inactive. No eating, no preening. Tired from a long flight I guess. Maybe jet-lagged.












So a whole lot of photos of a bird doing a whole lot of nothing... Saai he. つまらない

No comments:

Post a Comment