Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 1 May 2016

Spoonbill special

This set of photos was taken in the 3rd week of April. I was surprised there were still Spoonbills around that hadn't migrated yet. They showed breeding colors and plumage, so I presumed they would leave eventually, probably soon. I took the chance since we don't see them in summer dress usually.


Black-faced Spoonbill, クロツラヘラサギ


Rusty coloring on the neckline / upper breast and prominent nape plumes are signs of breeding.








Not all birds migrate to the breeding grounds. For juveniles the trip is too hard.
Here some Eurasian Spoonbill, ヘラサギ in the foreground look quite young






仲よし,  good friends 





No comments:

Post a Comment