Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 2 May 2016

The 1st day of May, Meeting of Japanese Wild Bird Society in Imazu, 今津探鳥会 2

Early morning start, Cattle Egret, アマサギ 



 Still present, but not for long: Common Teal, コガモ





Cropped to the very limits and still not visible: Yellow Wagtail, ツメナガセキレイ


I better put a better image in here: Taken in Hong Kong, November 2014 subsp taivana
I think our Imazu visitor was a different subspecies, maybe macronyx



We had been on the look out for a Chinese Pond Heron, アカガシラサギ and couldn't find it. I went back after the meeting and there it was.


Although I was at the far end of the field it watched me closely and didn't appreciate me being there. So:








It chose a better spot. For just a few minutes. Then...



I better add some from that trip to Hong Kong again:






3 Different birds, all seen on the same day in the same small farming area north of the city AND at the very same field as the Yellow Wagtail. Would they like to travel together?

No comments:

Post a Comment