Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 1 May 2016

Uzura special; Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, ウズラシギ

I like the Japanese name Uzura shigi for Sharp-tailed Sandpiper. And this post is all about one.
These birds fly thousands of miles. All the way from New Zealand / Australia to the Arctic Tundras.
We see them often in north Kyushu in spring, when they stop by for a feed and a rest.










  





 















Great bird!
In the distance, some of her or his mates











No comments:

Post a Comment