Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 13 January 2017

December birds 3-1

There were not many birding trips this month and certainly not many specials, but the few photos stayed untouched for way too long and now I suddenly find myself with a big album. All common birds, but some really worth a second glance.



Northern Lapwing, タゲリ The way the sunlight brightens the green and purple colors of the wings make this bird a popular subject. I’m waiting for a sunny day.





Cruising the fields I usually stop to check on this waterlogged field where migrating waders stop over. Off season there isn't much to see.


One single Dunlin, ハマシギcouldn't keep his eyes open, even when feeding. Is that how he got lost?





Got to catch a quick glance at the spoonies: Black-faced Spoonbill, クロツラヘラサギ and Eurasian Spoonbill, ヘラサギ - also often very sleepy


but when the tide starts coming in they wake up.



A Black-headed Gull, ユリカモメ with a crab that he washed and rinsed several times,



More Dunlins, ハマシギhere 



The Common Teals, コガモ at their wintering place found another water field nearby the lake





If there aren't any interesting or unusual birds nearby we can always retreat to the resident shrikes
Bull-headed Shrike, モズ









No comments:

Post a Comment