Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 13 January 2017

Isahaya

It was at the very end of the year, when most people busy themselves with cleaning and New Year preparations. The school holidays had begun and I got a message... Please!
So we drove there and spent a whole day at this popular spot. There were many birds on our list that we didn;t get to see, but the last one made up for the lack of others.

White-naped Cranes, マナヅル






Eastern Buzzard, ノスリ on the look out



Spotted Redshank in winter plumage.





Great weather, beautiful views. Snow on Mt. Unzen



This Peregrine Falcon, ハヤブサ  would not look at me



The Cranes seemed to be following us 





At the very end of a long afternoon, when the light was fading:
Short-eared Owl, コミミズク






We saw 2 Northern Goshawks and also a male Hen Harrier flying by a few times, but I could not capture them. Maybe next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment