Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 11 May 2018

Daijugarami, May 1st A

Spring tide is the best for watching waders at the coast of the Ariake Sea. This year the bigger tides are at night, so the mud did not get completely submerged. Which is actually nicer for the birds. 

The first thing I noticed when I got there was a lot of red. As in reddish brown. Out of the grey and white mass jumped a Curlew Sandpiper, サルハマシギ.



And one more



When I was watching a 3rd one this banded Dunlin, ハマシギ did a photo bomb :-)



But most of the color came from the Lesser Sand Plovers, メダイチドリ





In front a Greater Sand Plover, オオメダイチオリ not yet dressed for breeding



The Red Knot, コオバヒギ was lurking in there. Hard to detect, I didn't get any good shots



As usual, the place was packed with Grey Plovers, ダイゼン and Dunlins, ハマシギ



A majestic sight when they all take to their wings



Leaving the place empty... except for these 5 Eurasian Oystercatchers, ミヤコドリ
They must have felt so lonely



But then the crowd returned



And they didn't feel lonely anymore



In fact, they were a bit overwhelmed and huddled together








No comments:

Post a Comment