Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 9 May 2018

Kanzaki Heron colony 1

Every year I visit the Heron colony in Saga. The Egrets in their breeding plumage are absolutely stunning! There are several species, but the Great Egret, XXX is maybe the most impressive bird here. The feathers become like veils and when the birds are about to meet their potential partner they fluff themselves up and spread their feathers like a fan. The bird below is a Great Egret, but is being watched by an Intermediate Egret, xxx




Maintenance is of course very important and preening takes a lot of time 





Hello there! The bird on the right is a Little Egret, xxx



Time for some display









Their intentions are obvious I think
I didn't observe the rest - gave them some privacy ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment