Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 9 May 2018

Kanzaki Heron colony 3

Grey Herons, アオサギ are maybe the first to build their nests. Their was a lot of noise from young chicks coming from all the trees and some of them were already quite big.




Most nests had 2 or 3 babies. The parents, busy feeding them were flying on and off.











  





I can't possibly say how many nesting pairs there were, but I would say hundreds. It must be a safe place for them, though not all goes without any mishaps. Nesting so close together the community had some quarrels. Some birds would come back to a nest that was mostly dismantled by their neighbors, or left unattended and then...


No comments:

Post a Comment